The ASG through the newly established National Actuarial Examination Support (NAES) fund has decided to organize the Actuarial Support Eligibility Test (ASET) as the main conduit to select beneficiaries for the exam support fund. By this, the NAES fund through ASET will annually sponsor between 15 – 20 candidates to sit the Probability and financial Mathematics papers of SOA/IFoA/CAA Global examination with possible increasing numbers in the subsequent years. This initiative is intended to encourage students members to strive towards becoming credentialed actuaries thereby grow the number of professionals at the analyst, associate and fellowship levels of the practice in the Ghana in the long term.
• The ASET is a 3 hour, 100 marks paper and pencil examination with 35 multiple choice questions
• Syllabus for the ASET follows those of the SOA examination. Future UPDATES or CHANGES in syllabus will be published on this website for candidates
Eligible candidates to participate in the selection exam must:
• Be a registered student with any of the university in Ghana either at undergraduate or postgraduate level OR
• Must have graduated with a degree in Actuarial Science or related discipline such as Mathematics/Statistics with interest in the Actuarial profession and now undertaking national service. OR
• Be an actuarial function holder or a working individual with an organization (only eligible for the exam but not sponsorship).
1. Pay a registration fee of GHS 120.00 into the account details below:
Actuarial Society of Ghana
Kojo Thompson Road
2. Attach scanned copies of the deposit slip and your university ID Card or NSS placement form (for national service persons) or verifiable ID (like company ID for those working) and send via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Ensure that the subject of your email is "ASET REGISTRATION FM or PROBABILITY"(Whichever apply FM or P) with the following details; FULL NAME, CONTACT NUMBER, ALTERNATIVE EMAIL and INSTITUTION.
4. Follow up for a response if you have not receive a reply to your registration after 2 working days.
Important dates for prospective candidate for the 2017 are:
|Subject||Registration Timeline||Exam Date|
|Probability||May 22, 2017 – July 16, 2017||July 29, 2017|
|Financial Mathematics||November 13, 2017 - December 19, 2017||December 23, 2017|
University of Professional Studies, Accra.(UPSA)
A list of the best candidates to be sponsored and those who were successful in attaining the PASS mark will be publish on www.asg.org.gh in exactly 10 working days after the examination. Unsuccessful candidate will not find their names in the list. Individual score of candidates will be sent via email to each candidate.